Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday 5 July 2012

Ghosts

Ghosts.

Something we heard about as children and feared at night. As children we dress up as them for Halloween and worry about them in our sleep.
Ghost use to be something real to many of us, and to many it still is.

Growing up in a large family I never got much one on one time with my mother. Yet some of my fondest memories of her are when she would tell me tales for ghosts and spirits haunting homes.

One of my all time favorites was one that took place in Plymouth England. You England is a very old country with many tales of ghosts that haunt peoples homes.
My grandmother grew up there, and my mother would visit every view years to see her grandmother, and my great mother.

My mother told me the story of the house next door to her grandmothers. There was a young girl named Abby, that lived there around the same age as my mother. One day she woke up early and went to visit this Abby. Abby’s mother let her in and told her to head right upstairs since Abby was just in her room.
My mother headed up the stairs and as she described it, each step she began to get colder and colder, and feel a strange sense of depression raising in her chest. Once she reach the top of the steps she was nearly in tears, and ran straight back down and out the front door swearing never to return.

Year later she did return, and built up the courage to visit the spooky house next door. Living there now was an older couple with no children. My mother brought up the conversation of the staircase over tea one night and her creepy encounter.
Apparently the couple looked to each other and admitted they experienced very similar experiences on the staircase. Determined to figure the mystery they had done research on the house.
Their findings were back in the 1800’s a woman; her husband and their mentally disabled child had lived in the very same house. One day when frustrated with her son not understanding her she shook him at the top of the steps. By mistake pushing him down the staircase where he tragically broke his neck.
This old couple now believes that the mother stands at the top step crying over her son… but who’s to say.

I’ll be reposting this blog with more information once I have contacted my grandmother and discovered details about the story! Such as a possible picture of 

0 comments:

Post a Comment